Filing opens Dec. 7, 2021 for three seats on the Perry County School District 32 Board of Education which will appear on the April 5, 22 ballot.
Those three seats are currently held by Mary Bauwens, Rich Dix and Casey Brewer, whose terms expire in April 2022. Two of the vacancies are for 3-year terms and one is for a 2-year term.
To be eligible to serve as a school board member, one must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident taxpayer of the district
- Be a resident of Missouri for at least one year.
- Be at least 24 years old.
- Be current on state and local taxes
- Not have been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri or federal law
- Not be registered or required to register as a sex offender
- Have filed required campaign documents for all previous campaigns, if any
- And be otherwise eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri law
To file as a candidate for the Perry County School District 32 Board of Education, visit Board Secretary Dorris Thieret at Central Office at 400 Edwards St. (in the Old Senior High School building). Filing opens at 8 am Tuesday, Dec. 7 and closes at 5 pm Tuesday, Dec. 28, 2021. Candidates may file in person on any school day from 8 am to 4 pm.
Because of the school holiday, district offices will be closed Dec. 23, 2021 – Jan. 3, 2022, with the exception of Monday, Dec. 27 from 8 am to 4 pm, and Tuesday, Dec. 28 from 8 am to 5 pm. Please note that COVID-19 restrictions or inclement weather could impact this schedule.
For more information, please contact Dorris Thieret at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-547-7500 Ext. 329.