New Student Enrollment

Student Enrollment

Welcome to the Perry County School District 32! We are extremely proud of our students, staff and supportive community and invite you to join our school family.

Kindergarten Registration

Kindergarten registration is typically held in the spring for the next fall term. Please call the Perryville Primary Center office at ext: 311 for dates and times. Patrons entering the district after that time should contact our District Registrar, Kelly Plunkett, at 573-547-7500 Ext: 385 to make arrangements for registering.

The all-day kindergarten program is a totally integrated instructional program. Parents are involved through home communications, parent-teacher conferences, P.I.E. (Parents Involved in Education) Nights and volunteer work. They are encouraged to visit and become a part of the kindergarten family.

New Student Enrollment
To enroll a student in the Perry County School District 32, you and your child must be residing within the district boundaries. After determining that you and your family meet the residency requirement, you may call the school to make an appointment to register your child. Please click on the forms listed at left or below and complete the information prior to coming to school to register. This will make your registration process quick and easy.

During the registration visit, you will need to bring the following:
(Links to forms listed at left)

1. Enrollment Registration Form (1 per household)

2. Health Office Emergency Form (1 per student)
(Must be submitted annually in order to provide proper care for the student)

3. Academic & Discipline Profile (1 per student)

4. Record Request/Release Form (1 per student)

5. Free and Reduced Lunch Application (recommended) (1 per household)

6. Birth Certificate issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics.

7. Medically documented immunization/Health records.

8. Proof of parent/guardian residency. These documents should contain the parent/guardian's name and address.
(Examples of this could include: Deed/sales contract of residence, current real estate tax receipt, an unpaid utility bill or contract to lease/rent.)

9. Custody papers and a complete copy of the dissolution decree that stipulates custody in cases of parental divorce.

10. IEP and evaluation, if the student is receiving Special Education Services.

11. An unofficial transcript or most recent report card.

12. Previous school contact information.

13. Emergency contact information.

If you have any questions, please contact your school for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions - New Student Enrollment

Q: How will I find out what bus my child will ride?

A: Perry County School District 32 operates its own transportation service. For bus routes and pick-up times, call the District 32 Transportation Office at 547-7500 Ext. 264.

Q: Is there an after-school child care program?

A: Yes, the Perryville Elementary School offers an after-school child care program for school-age children. The program is called "Adventure Club." The program runs Monday through Friday from 2:55 p.m. to 6 p.m. for children in kindergarten through grade 6. The cost of the program is $2.75 per hour ($16 for full day), school year/summer, per child, with a one-time $25.00 registration fee per family per school year.

Q: What about a preschool program for non-school-age children?

A: The district has a preschool program called "Little Pirates" designed to provide children of working parents with a safe, well-supervised atmosphere. Enrollment is open to preschool children who are at least three to five years old. For more information about this program, contact the Perryville Primary Center office at ext: 311.

Q. How can I find out if I qualify for free or reduced lunches?

A: The school district participates in the free and reduced price program with guidelines as outlined under the National School Lunch Program. Download the free and reduced lunch form (1 per household) and return to school office, or pick up one from the school office. If you qualify for these services, you will be notified by mail and prices and other information will be given to you then.

Q: Where can I get a copy of the school handbook?

A: Available upon request or you may also view the handbook on the district website on the child's building page.

Q: At what grade level can children begin participating in sports?

A: Students entering the 7th grade may participate in sports if they meet all the eligibility criteria. Football, basketball, volleyball and track and field are available for students entering 7th grade and above. The high school sports program includes football, basketball, volleyball, track, swimming, soccer, softball, baseball and golf.

Q: What is the eligibility criteria for high school students to participate in sports?

A: Student Athletic/Activities Handbook

Q: At what grade level can children begin participating in band?

A: Students can participate in band from the 6th grade.